Before the beginning of a new school year, it is recommended that administrators wipe, update, and re-enroll all devices using Mobile Manager.
We recommend adding non-DEP devices to your DEP account, which Apple has enabled as of iOS 11. Having your devices in your DEP account is the only way to prevent the MDM profile from being removed from them. You can follow Apple's instructions here.
In the event that you are unable to add your devices to your DEP account, you will need to manually remove the MDM profile from the device and then follow these steps.
Obtain Enrollment URL
- Navigate to the level where you want to enroll the device.
- Click Reenroll Device.
- The following will be displayed in a new tab or window.
- Select and copy the iOS/OS X URL to the clipboard.
- Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- DEP: Automated Enrollment via Apple Configurator 2.5+
- Apple Configurator v2+ (macOS 10.14+)
- Apple Configurator